- Mon.:10:00am to 12:00pm
Xiuzhen (Susan) Cheng is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the George Washington University. She received her MS and PhD degrees in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2000 and 2002, respectively. Her current research interests include Wireless and Mobile Computing, Sensor Networks, Wireless Security, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Approximation Algorithm Design and Analysis, and Computational Medicine. She is an area editor for Ad Hoc Networks Journal and an editor for International Journal on Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing. She received the NSF CAREER Award in 2004.
Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks; Wireless and Mobile Security; Approximation Algorithm Design and Analysis; Computational Medicine; Statistical Pattern Recognition
1. F. Liu, X. Cheng, LKE: A Self-configuring Scheme for Location-aware Key Establishment in Wireless Sensor Networks , IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2007.
2. L. Ma, X. Cheng, F. Liu, F. An, and M. Rivera, iPAK, An In-Situ Pairwise Key Bootstrapping Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks , IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2007.
3. F. Liu, X. Cheng, and D. Chen, Inside Attacker Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks , IEEE INFOCOM, 2007.
4. D. chen, K. Xing, D. Henson, and X. Cheng, Group Testing in the Development of an Expanded Cancer Staging System , Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 2007.
5. Kai Xing, X. Cheng, F. Liu, and S. Rotenstreich, Location-Centric Storage for Safety Warning Based on Roadway Sensor Networks , Journal of Parallel and Distributed computing, 2007.
6. X. Cheng, D.-Z. Du, L. Wang, and B. Xu, Relay Sensor Placement in Wireless Sensor Networks , ACM Wireless Networks, January 2007.
7. L. Ma, Q. Zhang, and X. Cheng, A Power Controlled Interference Aware Routing Protocol for Dense Multi-Hop Wireless Networks , ACM Wireless Networks, 2007.
8. M. Ding, D. Chen, K. Xing, and X. Cheng, Localized Fault-Tolerant Event Boundary Detection in Sensor Networks , IEEE INFOCOM, Vol. 2, pp. 902-913, March 13-17, 2005.
9. X. Cheng, A. Thaeler, G. Xue, and D. Chen, TPS: a time-based positioning scheme for outdoor sensor networks , IEEE INFOCOM, Vol. 4, pp. 2685-2696, March 7-11, 2004.
10. X. Cheng, X. Huang, D. Li, W. Wu, and D.-Z.Du, Polynomial-Time Approximation Scheme for Minimum Connected Dominating Set in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks , Networks, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 202-208, 2003.
11. D. Chen, P. Huang, and X. Cheng, A Concrete Statistical Realization of Kleinberg's Stochastic Discrimination for Pattern Recognition, Part I. Two-Class Classification , the Annals of Statistics, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 1393-1412, 2003.