Application of genetic algorithms to biological and medical problems. Joint holder of patents in automated document analysis:
US Patent 7024022, April 4, 2006: a quantized aesthetic value
US Patent 7035438, April 25, 2006: a quantized interest value
US Patent 7035439, April 25, 2006: a quantized ease-of-use value
US Patent 7072495, July 4, 2006: a quantized communicability
US Patent 7092551, August 15, 2006: a quantized comfort value
US Patent 7092552, August 15, 2006: a quantized convenience
US Patent 7095877, August 22, 2006: a quantized eye-catching ability value
Bioinformatics; Game Theory; Artificial Intelligence; Graph Theory; Genetic Algorithms
1. Bioinformatics Textbook. Shuba Gopal (Biology Department, RIT), Anne Haake (IT Department, RIT), Paul Tymann (CS Department, RIT) and I have recently signed a contract with McGraw Hill to produce a textbook for teaching undergraduate bioinformatics. The book should appear in 2007.
2. Rhys Price Jones, Steven Harrington (Xerox Corporation - lead author), J. Fernando Naveda (RIT) and Nishant Thakkar (IBM), Expression of document structure in automatic layout , Electronic Imaging Symposium, January 2006, submitted.
3. Rhys Price Jones, J. Fernando Naveda (RIT), Paul Roetling (of Roetling Consulting, and a consultant with Xerox), Steven J. Harrington (Xerox) and Nishant Thakkar (RIT student), On the Structure of Style Space for Documents , American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI) 2004 Fall Symposium on Style and Meaning in Language, Art, Music, and Design.
4. Rhys Price Jones, J. Fernando Naveda, Paul Roetling, Steven J. Harrington (lead author) and Nishant Thakkar, Aesthetic Measures for Automated Document Layout , Steven Harrington at the ACM Symposium on Document Engineering, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, October 28-30, 2004.
5. Rhys Price Jones, Steven Harrington (lead author) and Fernando Naveda, Towards a Science of Document Intent , First International Workshop on Web Document Analysis, Seattle, Washington, September 8, 2001.
6. Rhys Price Jones, Richard Salter, Christopher Haynes and Fritz Ruehr, New Technological Tools for Education , ACM SIGCSE seminar, Proceedings of the Twenty Seventh SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, Philadelphia, February 1996..
7. Rhys Price Jones, Fritz Ruehr and Richard Salter, Enhancement of the introductory computer science curriculum , Proceedings of the 1996 IEEE Frontiers in Education, November 1996.
8. Rhys Price Jones, D.J. Thuente, Beyond Minimaxing for Games with Draws , 1991 ACM Computer Science Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
9. Rhys Price Jones, D.J. Thuente, The Role of Simulation in Developing Game Playing Strategies , 1990 Eastern Multiconference, The Society for Computer Simulation, Nashville, Tennessee, April 1990.