To view the full job description please click here.
Job Description: czbLLC, an Alexandria-based neighborhood planning firm, is looking to work
with an undergraduate or graduate student to develop a mobile application. Ideally, this
student is a full stack developer - able to build out both the front and back ends of the
The application we are looking to develop will help our team of field researchers more
efficiently conduct full housing inventories in the communities in which we work. czb’s
proprietary inventory method allows us to analyze qualitative housing conditions and
characteristics within the context of quantitative data - namely, sales transactions.
Note well, we know precisely how we want this application to look and function.
About czb: czb is a neighborhood planning firm specializing in deep dive analysis, strategy
development, and implementation of revitalization plans. For more information about czb,
p!lease visit www.czb.org.
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), a regional four-year campus and division of West Virginia University, located in Montgomery, WV, invites applications for the following employment opportunity:
Assistant Professor in Computer Science within the Computer Science and Information Systems department in the Leonard C. Nelson College of Engineering and Sciences. The department offers two degree programs: BS degree in Computer Science and BS degree in Information Systems. Position is 9month, full-time, tenure-track, and benefits-eligible.
Qualifications: A Ph.D. in Computer Science or ABD is required. Commitment to teaching excellence, responsiveness to student needs, and good communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching Computer Science and Computer Information Systems courses for baccalaureate programs and service classes for other majors. The successful candidate will also be expected to pursue scholarly activities and perform other service associated with a faculty position.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications. Position is effective August 16, 2014. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Further information is available at the Computer Science and Information Systems Department web-site at http://compsci.wvutech.edu/ and
WVU Tech offers a broad array of programs including four-year engineering programs (BS) in Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, and Computer Science plus four year technology programs (BSET) in Electronic Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology (Civil, Environmental, and Mechanical emphasis) and Industrial Technology.
WVU Tech is an EEO/AA Employer. Minorities, persons with disabilities, females, veterans and other protected class members are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 304-442-3179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full-time staffer (not consultant)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Organization Website: http://www.nolabels.org/
No Labels is seeking a Data Analyst. This staffer will be a critical component in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of No Labels. The responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data from advertising, emails and social media and helping to develop digital strategy.
About No Labels
No Labels is a growing citizens’ movement of Democrats, Republicans and everything in between dedicated to promoting a new politics of problem solving.
We are unlike any organization in America. The most powerful interest groups in our nation’s capital work to push our leaders and our political parties apart. No Labels is working to bring them together to forge solutions to our nation’s problems. We welcome people left, right and everything in between as long as they are willing to collaborate with one another to seek a shared success for America. This new attitude is what No Labels is all about.
Within Congress, No Labels has already recruited over 90 members to become Problem Solvers and over 75 members of the 113th Congress who support the creation of a new governing process for America.
No Labels does not expect anyone to shed their identity when they join our movement. We are a community of proud liberals, proud conservatives and everything in between who are united by the conviction that people with different beliefs really can set aside the labels and come together to solve problems.
- Collect and organize data from all advertising campaigns, emails and social media outreach
- Present the data clearly and concisely for senior leadership
- Use large amounts of data to assist the digital team make more informed decisions leading to a more engaged community.
- Assist in segmenting our email list to help craft messages that resonate with all supporters
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, and CRMs (Blue State Digital familiarity is preferred)
- Comfortable breaking down enormous multivariate data sets to draw conclusions
- Make inferences, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Build a feedback loop to help grow and evolve the digital program
- Ability to look at large amounts of data and make actionable inferences
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet campaign schedules and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and meeting deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to communicate to present data to an audience not fluent in the content
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
This Job Opening at Edinboro University could be of interest to you. If you require more information, after following the link below, please contact Edinboro University directly.
Please be advised that Edinboro University is accepting applications for a Director of Institutional Research & Assessment.
Applications will be accepted online at https://jobs.edinboro.edu/postings/1744
At CACI, we don't just hire you for a job; we hire you for a career. CACI recruits, retains, and develops a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. We empower you to forge your path while providing you with the tools, guidance, and flexibility needed to accomplish your career goals. CACI has a clear, defined strategy that has guided our success for over fifty years.
Consider a career with CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing the information technology and consulting solutions America needs to defeat global terrorism, secure our homeland and improve government services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software development on a .NET 4.0 and SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012 platform. Development includes implementing system improvements/enhancements and resolving system defects.
- Follow the software development life cycle for each development task by producing detailed technical design documents, developing, and unit testing based on detailed project schedule.
- Work closely with the functional team to determine feasibility of requirements.
- Work with technical team lead to determine level of efforts for various assignments.
- Attend meetings and take meeting minutes, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Zero to two years of related experience.
- DoD Secret clearance must be obtainable.
- Experience with web application development.
- Experience with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
Please Note that WealthEngine has several openings for this position.
The Associate Database Developer will be responsible for developing and automating existing data
processing programs. WealthEngine currently collects and stores data from 35 different sources. Our
total database size is 3 TB.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- PL/SQL development:
- Create simple stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers for batch screening process.
- Maintain SQL*Loader routines for loading data
- Monitor/Execute data loading process
- Review result after data cleansing process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or four-year
university is required.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience with Oracle PL/SQL with emphasis on understanding stored
procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Knowledge/experience with the following technologies is required
- Knowledge/experience with the following technologies a plus:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and technical skills are required as are a positive attitude and
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
-Common Delimited, Excel, Access
-Oracle database, Oracle SQL*Loader, Shell scripting, Linux, batch scheduling (cronjob) and monitoring
WealthEngine, Inc. is a leading provider of sophisticated wealth identification and prospect research
services to financial services, retail, luxury and nonprofit organizations. Over four thousand clients use
WealthEngine's products for comprehensive consumer and business research on individuals, companies
and foundations. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, WealthEngine serves both the United States and the
United Kingdom. For more information, please visit our website at www.wealthengine.com
WealthEngine, Inc. offers a competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits including
medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
Vacancies: Seeking to fill 3 – 4 positions
Projected start date: Immediately, and on a rolling basis
Locations: Washington, DC Metropolitan area, San Francisco Bay area
Note: this start-up company is founded by a CS alumnus
Towers is a internet technology start-up focused on e-Commerce and social media. The disruptive technology is an innovative communication tool. The company plans to revolutionize an industry (real estate and hospitality) and launch at universities in the US. First Release plans to be launched at GWU in January 2014, so this is a chance to contribute to your community and witness growth on campus.
The start-up is looking for world-class Software Developer(s) / Internet Entrepreneur(s). The candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of something substantial. The candidate will NOT need to leave their full-time job; s/he could juggle this project while attending school or working. The opportunity is there to convert to full-time after funding.
Compensation: To be discussed during interview – equity stake or a combination of cash and equity.
US Citizens preferred. International candidates will be sponsored after funding early next year (April-May)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, related professional experience advantageous
- Experience with building responsive web UI using HTML 5 and CSS3
- Experience with JQuery
- Understanding of Document Object Model (DOM) and JQuery selector syntax
- Experience with AJAX web service calls (using JQuery) and JSON REST services
- Code primarily in PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Knowledge in working with networking API’s: Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Personal qualities include: Entrepreneurial spirit, driven, persistent, personal integrity, dedicated, passionate, leadership, energetic, excellent vision and stamina
- A passion for innovative content
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Someone who has the desire to build a company and enjoys creativity and freedom
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
The Illinois Professional Science Master’s (PSM), a unit of the Graduate College, offers
master’s degree programs combining advanced study in science with business. The 16-month
program currently enrolls students in five M.S. programs: agricultural production, bioenergy,
food science and human nutrition, plant biology, and technical systems management.
Additional programs are in development. Program growth and enhancing the quality of
students’ experience are high priorities.
The Visiting Assistant Director supports the mission of the Illinois PSM by recruiting and
advising prospective students; building the program’s marketing and communication activities;
cultivating relationships with prospective internship companies and working with students to
secure internships; and supporting the industry seminar series, including instructional support
and some teaching. The position reports to the Director, Illinois PSM.
This is a 12-month, full-time (100%), visiting academic professional position, renewable
annually. The position may become regular at a later date. Salary for the position will be
commensurate with experience, and the start date will be as soon as possible after the closing
- Recruit students through outreach visits at education fairs, professional group networking,
company site visits, online and in-person information sessions, course visits, social
networking, and telephone/e-mail follow-up of inquiries
- Advise prospective students on admissions, program, and course requirements and on
- Manage communications through an applicant customer relationship management (CRM)
- Help design and implement comprehensive and integrated communications including print,
electronic, and social media
- Contribute to and maintain content on the program’s website
- Assist with surveys to track student opinions and outcomes
- Seek internship and job opportunities on PSM students’ behalf
- Cultivate employer relationships to foster employment opportunities for Illinois PSM
students and graduates
- Help develop new internship options that place students in entrepreneurial and/or
- Support program instruction in professional skills development (e.g., communication,
interpersonal skills, influence and negotiation)
- Provide logistics support for seminar guest speakers
- Support seminar-related workshops with outside facilitators
- Assist in assessment of students’ professional knowledge, skills, and abilities
- A bachelor’s degree plus four years of relevant experience or a master’s degree plus 2
years of relevant experience
- A record of accomplishment and progressive responsibility in sales and marketing,
corporate training and development, or higher education
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work successfully with diverse groups in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated energy and enthusiasm
- An understanding of the higher education marketplace
- Aptitude to understand and articulate the value of professional master’s degrees to
prospective students and to potential employers
- Availability for occasional evening hours, weekend events, and/or out-of-town events
closely related field
For full consideration, upload a letter of application and resume, along with the names and
contact information of three references at http://jobs.illinois.edu by November 8, 2013.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact the Graduate
College Human Resources at 217-244-5400 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer. The
administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting
qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Position Type: EPA-NF Instructional
Supervisor: Dean of The Graduate School
This position will coordinate all administrative functions associated
with the professional science master’s degrees that fall under the purview of The
Graduate School including the student admission process, broad marketing of the
degree opportunities, hiring of adjunct faculty to teach professional skills courses,
scheduling of professional skills courses, registration and advisement of students,
scheduling of seminar series, coordinating internships and job placements for all
students in PSM degree programs, annual budgeting and program assessment. The
Director will report directly to the Dean of the Graduate School and will be a member of
the internal Professional Science Master’s degree advisory board. In addition, the
Director will coordinate annual meetings with the external advisory board, will be the
liaison with the external advisory board and will recruit new members to both the
internal and external advisory boards.
Principal Functions (Percentage Effort and Description)
1) (10%) Coordinating and administering the student recruitment and admission
2) (20%) Coordinating the development and scheduling of three professional skills
courses required for the PSM degree programs. This will include hiring adjunct
faculty to teach these courses, review of proposed course syllabi with internal and
external advisory committees, and the coordination of the PSM seminar series.
3) (25%) Developing and coordinating an effective internship program with local
4) (10%) Student registration and student advisement
5) (10%) Budget responsibility for the PSM programs, including distributions to the
participating departmental units
6) (5%) Coordinating all meetings of internal external advisory boards
7) (5%) Coordinating student placement services
8) (5%) Review of program goals through regular meetings with departments
9) (5%) Participating in financial resource development, including external funding
Requirements: Relevant terminal degree required; for candidates demonstrating
comparable independent educational or instructional activities related to the
development or administration of similar programs, will accept a relevant undergraduate
degree and 5 or more years of directly related experience in substitution.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Experience with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
industries and familiarity with university processes, so as to be able to effectively
transition between and integrate the two cultures
• Excellent communication and advocacy skills
• Program assessment skills
• Superior organization skills and the ability to process parallel tasks while working
with multiple degree programs
• Evidence of prior management and budgeting experience
• Experience with education outreach is preferred
Apply online at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/32771
YellowHat Labs, a Washington, DC-based cybersecurity startup, is seeking an experienced engineer to join our team. We are looking for a computer engineer with substantial experience in programming. The following skillsets would be helpful, but absolutely not required -- the company primarily is looking for a skilled programmer who can assist in implementing functional, beta-customer/investor-ready products.
• C++ and/or C# programming;
• socket programming; and
• application life-cycle management.
Knowledge of modern operating systems, computer security, and computer architecture training, as well as project management skills (including milestone management, progress tracking, and task dependency management) are also desirable, but not required. YellowHat is looking for a candidate who enjoys the chess game of cybersecurity.
Geographic preference: the company will consider qualified candidates from all U.S. geographic locations; remote work is an option.
Initial compensation will be equity-based with salary available when the company receives investment, which the company plans on seeking in a three to six month timeline.
Inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Code with a purpose.
In the world of healthcare, having the right information in the right place at the right time isn’t just important – it can mean the difference between life and death. Through the use of Epic’s software, harmful medication errors are avoided every day in hospitals across the United States – and that’s just one small way your code will help others save lives.
As a developer at Epic, there’s a good chance your innovations will affect the life of someone close to you – in fact, you’ll directly impact the way 1 in 3 Americans receives healthcare. You’ll push the boundaries in creating software to reduce medical errors, improve screening for diseases, and lower the cost of medical care while improving its quality.
You will write code and more – your input will guide all elements of innovation. You’ll meet with experts and end-users and determine novel approaches to each facet of development, from database to user interface. Join a small team of the best and brightest from across the world; Epic’s employees currently represent more than 60 nations. With talented co-workers whose passion and willingness to go above and beyond is unparalleled, and a workspace conducive to serious development, you will thrive in a collaborative and casual environment. The challenges you’ll be exposed to are numerous.
Epic is located in Madison, Wisconsin - a diverse city regularly ranked as one of the best places to live in the country. No matter what you do for fun – board games or cricket, martial arts or volunteering – you’ll find others at Epic who share your interests.
And other good stuff.
Epic offers highly competitive wages and all the benefits you’d expect from a leading software company (401k, great insurance, and stock appreciation rights). But, we also have benefits that definitely fall outside the realm of the anticipated. Have you always wanted to go to New Zealand, but never gotten the chance? Epic’s five year sabbatical program not only provides you with an additional four weeks of paid vacation, but it will also cover airfare and lodging costs for you and a guest in any country you’ve never seen before. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to give back to the community through Epic’s charitable efforts. Oh, and did we mention the tree house?
By applying for Software Development, you’ll be considered for all development opportunities across Epic’s numerous teams. You will use various technologies to build multi-tier enterprise software for healthcare organizations, including C#.NET, HTML, ASP.NET, VB6, Cache, iPhone, iPad, Business Objects, and Pocket PCs. We will educate you on the technologies you’ll use through on-the-job training.
Visa sponsorship is available. Epic is an equal opportunity employer.
- BS/BA, MS/MA, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Top-notch academics.
- Relocation to Madison, WI is required and reimbursed.
AGH Strategies, a company helping nonprofits track and grow relationships with their supporters, is hiring a junior PHP developer based in Washington, DC. This developer will help in implementing, customizing, and building new features for CiviCRM and compatible CMSes to serve our clients' needs. The developer with collaborate with co-workers and clients to design and carry out the development work. Additionally, the developer will work with others in the community to contribute back to CiviCRM.
The developer will regularly find creative solutions to new problems, advancing nonprofits' work by:
-building custom extensions and workflows
-integrating outside systems
-diagnosing and patching bugs
-closing gaps in CiviCRM's features
-improving clients' user experiences
This is an opportunity to have a key role in advancing open-source constituent relationship management (CRM) and the missions of multiple organizations. In the process of serving our clients, AGH Strategies has become a leading company in advancing CiviCRM's code and community. The developer will be a key part of continuing this involvement.
For more info please visit here: http://aghstrategies.com/content/developer-job
Please see the link below regarding a position with the Federal Trade Commission.
Join the world-wide leader in server solutions – HP’s Industry Standard Server and Software team. Driven by cloud computing, customer demand for storage solutions and storage capacity is increasing at record rates. You will join a tightly collaborative team, working on innovative projects, interfacing software/firmware/hardware to build leading-edge storage solutions, ensuring us to continue to lead the marketplace with state of the art hard drive and solid state drive designs. This position is perfect for recent college graduates with extremely huge career growth potential.
-Research, test, and qualify SAS and SATA disk drives, and solid state devices.
-Lead or support in the analysis and root cause of storage solution failures and issues where the device is believed to have failed.
-Evaluate new products/technologies and recommend modifications or enhancements to eliminate design issues or improve the product performance.
-Generate specifications and detailed test procedure documents.
-Contribute in assessing risks of new hard drive technologies and interfaces.
-Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
-Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
-Exercises independent judgment within defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
-Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
-May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
-Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
-May represent the organization to external customers/clients.
Education and Experience:
-Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Knowledge and Skills
-C/C++ programming experience is preferred
-Working knowledge of software applications like MS word, MS excel, MS power point
-Ability to analyze, evaluate, test, and debug storage devices to root cause
-Self-motivated and able to multi-task between projects
-Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all team members and suppliers
-Disciplined in documenting and creation of procedures
-Effective troubleshooting skills
-Must possess a very solid understanding of testing methodologies
-Must have very excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Must be able to work well with other people in a team environment
-Leadership qualities (e.g., integrity, attention to detail, sense of urgency, goal oriented,
-Self-motivated, excellent documenting and communication disciplines
-Must have a legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
-Houston TX 77070 USA
E-mail resume to: Lijun.email@example.com
For immediate release. Interested in working on a high production value multi-player on-line games and or mobile applications? Come work with us at Collective Falulzcy, LLC, a new software development company opened and led by David Chao and Chris Pack. We are based out of the D.C. area and are currently pursuing up to seven potential team members for the two positions below:
(1) Network-Videogame Programmer.
(2) Network-Videogame Database Developer.
Desired qualifications: Strong relational database or programming knowledge, depending on the position applied for.
(2) For databasers. Experience with SQL, MySQL, msSQL, and a deep understanding of relational database concepts are desired.
Location: Virginia side of the greater DC metro area. Occasional travel to the Maryland side. Our interests are centered in Rosslyn, VA and Hyattsville, MD.
Open date: November 10th, 2012.
Closing date: November 23rd, 2012.
Term of employment: 7 months for the current cycle. Successful, enthusiastic team members may be requested to come back for future service with the team.
Position description: Software Development Engineer
Information on Palantir:
Introductory Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6OebM0dQ8g
Operation Tradestop is a demo on our Palantir product: if you have some time to mess around with it a little, it will give you an idea of how our product works.
Some use cases/Palantir work in action: https://www.palantir.com/category/blogs/news-events-blog/