At CACI, we don't just hire you for a job; we hire you for a career. CACI recruits, retains, and develops a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. We empower you to forge your path while providing you with the tools, guidance, and flexibility needed to accomplish your career goals. CACI has a clear, defined strategy that has guided our success for over fifty years.
Consider a career with CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing the information technology and consulting solutions America needs to defeat global terrorism, secure our homeland and improve government services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Software development on a .NET 4.0 and SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012 platform. Development includes implementing system improvements/enhancements and resolving system defects.
- Follow the software development life cycle for each development task by producing detailed technical design documents, developing, and unit testing based on detailed project schedule.
- Work closely with the functional team to determine feasibility of requirements.
- Work with technical team lead to determine level of efforts for various assignments.
- Attend meetings and take meeting minutes, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Zero to two years of related experience.
- DoD Secret clearance must be obtainable.
- Experience with web application development.
- Experience with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
Please Note that WealthEngine has several openings for this position.
The Associate Database Developer will be responsible for developing and automating existing data
processing programs. WealthEngine currently collects and stores data from 35 different sources. Our
total database size is 3 TB.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- PL/SQL development:
- Create simple stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers for batch screening process.
- Maintain SQL*Loader routines for loading data
- Monitor/Execute data loading process
- Review result after data cleansing process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or four-year
university is required.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience with Oracle PL/SQL with emphasis on understanding stored
procedures, functions, packages and triggers.
- Knowledge/experience with the following technologies is required
- Knowledge/experience with the following technologies a plus:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and technical skills are required as are a positive attitude and
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
-Common Delimited, Excel, Access
-Oracle database, Oracle SQL*Loader, Shell scripting, Linux, batch scheduling (cronjob) and monitoring
WealthEngine, Inc. is a leading provider of sophisticated wealth identification and prospect research
services to financial services, retail, luxury and nonprofit organizations. Over four thousand clients use
WealthEngine's products for comprehensive consumer and business research on individuals, companies
and foundations. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD, WealthEngine serves both the United States and the
United Kingdom. For more information, please visit our website at www.wealthengine.com
WealthEngine, Inc. offers a competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits including
medical/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
Vacancies: Seeking to fill 3 – 4 positions
Projected start date: Immediately, and on a rolling basis
Locations: Washington, DC Metropolitan area, San Francisco Bay area
Note: this start-up company is founded by a CS alumnus
Towers is a internet technology start-up focused on e-Commerce and social media. The disruptive technology is an innovative communication tool. The company plans to revolutionize an industry (real estate and hospitality) and launch at universities in the US. First Release plans to be launched at GWU in January 2014, so this is a chance to contribute to your community and witness growth on campus.
The start-up is looking for world-class Software Developer(s) / Internet Entrepreneur(s). The candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of something substantial. The candidate will NOT need to leave their full-time job; s/he could juggle this project while attending school or working. The opportunity is there to convert to full-time after funding.
Compensation: To be discussed during interview – equity stake or a combination of cash and equity.
US Citizens preferred. International candidates will be sponsored after funding early next year (April-May)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, related professional experience advantageous
- Experience with building responsive web UI using HTML 5 and CSS3
- Experience with JQuery
- Understanding of Document Object Model (DOM) and JQuery selector syntax
- Experience with AJAX web service calls (using JQuery) and JSON REST services
- Code primarily in PHP, Ruby, or Python
- Knowledge in working with networking API’s: Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Personal qualities include: Entrepreneurial spirit, driven, persistent, personal integrity, dedicated, passionate, leadership, energetic, excellent vision and stamina
- A passion for innovative content
- Ability to work as part of a team in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Someone who has the desire to build a company and enjoys creativity and freedom
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
The Illinois Professional Science Master’s (PSM), a unit of the Graduate College, offers
master’s degree programs combining advanced study in science with business. The 16-month
program currently enrolls students in five M.S. programs: agricultural production, bioenergy,
food science and human nutrition, plant biology, and technical systems management.
Additional programs are in development. Program growth and enhancing the quality of
students’ experience are high priorities.
The Visiting Assistant Director supports the mission of the Illinois PSM by recruiting and
advising prospective students; building the program’s marketing and communication activities;
cultivating relationships with prospective internship companies and working with students to
secure internships; and supporting the industry seminar series, including instructional support
and some teaching. The position reports to the Director, Illinois PSM.
This is a 12-month, full-time (100%), visiting academic professional position, renewable
annually. The position may become regular at a later date. Salary for the position will be
commensurate with experience, and the start date will be as soon as possible after the closing
- Recruit students through outreach visits at education fairs, professional group networking,
company site visits, online and in-person information sessions, course visits, social
networking, and telephone/e-mail follow-up of inquiries
- Advise prospective students on admissions, program, and course requirements and on
- Manage communications through an applicant customer relationship management (CRM)
- Help design and implement comprehensive and integrated communications including print,
electronic, and social media
- Contribute to and maintain content on the program’s website
- Assist with surveys to track student opinions and outcomes
- Seek internship and job opportunities on PSM students’ behalf
- Cultivate employer relationships to foster employment opportunities for Illinois PSM
students and graduates
- Help develop new internship options that place students in entrepreneurial and/or
- Support program instruction in professional skills development (e.g., communication,
interpersonal skills, influence and negotiation)
- Provide logistics support for seminar guest speakers
- Support seminar-related workshops with outside facilitators
- Assist in assessment of students’ professional knowledge, skills, and abilities
- A bachelor’s degree plus four years of relevant experience or a master’s degree plus 2
years of relevant experience
- A record of accomplishment and progressive responsibility in sales and marketing,
corporate training and development, or higher education
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work successfully with diverse groups in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated energy and enthusiasm
- An understanding of the higher education marketplace
- Aptitude to understand and articulate the value of professional master’s degrees to
prospective students and to potential employers
- Availability for occasional evening hours, weekend events, and/or out-of-town events
closely related field
For full consideration, upload a letter of application and resume, along with the names and
contact information of three references at http://jobs.illinois.edu by November 8, 2013.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact the Graduate
College Human Resources at 217-244-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer. The
administration, faculty and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting
qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Position Type: EPA-NF Instructional
Supervisor: Dean of The Graduate School
This position will coordinate all administrative functions associated
with the professional science master’s degrees that fall under the purview of The
Graduate School including the student admission process, broad marketing of the
degree opportunities, hiring of adjunct faculty to teach professional skills courses,
scheduling of professional skills courses, registration and advisement of students,
scheduling of seminar series, coordinating internships and job placements for all
students in PSM degree programs, annual budgeting and program assessment. The
Director will report directly to the Dean of the Graduate School and will be a member of
the internal Professional Science Master’s degree advisory board. In addition, the
Director will coordinate annual meetings with the external advisory board, will be the
liaison with the external advisory board and will recruit new members to both the
internal and external advisory boards.
Principal Functions (Percentage Effort and Description)
1) (10%) Coordinating and administering the student recruitment and admission
2) (20%) Coordinating the development and scheduling of three professional skills
courses required for the PSM degree programs. This will include hiring adjunct
faculty to teach these courses, review of proposed course syllabi with internal and
external advisory committees, and the coordination of the PSM seminar series.
3) (25%) Developing and coordinating an effective internship program with local
4) (10%) Student registration and student advisement
5) (10%) Budget responsibility for the PSM programs, including distributions to the
participating departmental units
6) (5%) Coordinating all meetings of internal external advisory boards
7) (5%) Coordinating student placement services
8) (5%) Review of program goals through regular meetings with departments
9) (5%) Participating in financial resource development, including external funding
Requirements: Relevant terminal degree required; for candidates demonstrating
comparable independent educational or instructional activities related to the
development or administration of similar programs, will accept a relevant undergraduate
degree and 5 or more years of directly related experience in substitution.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Experience with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
industries and familiarity with university processes, so as to be able to effectively
transition between and integrate the two cultures
• Excellent communication and advocacy skills
• Program assessment skills
• Superior organization skills and the ability to process parallel tasks while working
with multiple degree programs
• Evidence of prior management and budgeting experience
• Experience with education outreach is preferred
Apply online at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/32771
YellowHat Labs, a Washington, DC-based cybersecurity startup, is seeking an experienced engineer to join our team. We are looking for a computer engineer with substantial experience in programming. The following skillsets would be helpful, but absolutely not required -- the company primarily is looking for a skilled programmer who can assist in implementing functional, beta-customer/investor-ready products.
• C++ and/or C# programming;
• socket programming; and
• application life-cycle management.
Knowledge of modern operating systems, computer security, and computer architecture training, as well as project management skills (including milestone management, progress tracking, and task dependency management) are also desirable, but not required. YellowHat is looking for a candidate who enjoys the chess game of cybersecurity.
Geographic preference: the company will consider qualified candidates from all U.S. geographic locations; remote work is an option.
Initial compensation will be equity-based with salary available when the company receives investment, which the company plans on seeking in a three to six month timeline.
Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com
Code with a purpose.
In the world of healthcare, having the right information in the right place at the right time isn’t just important – it can mean the difference between life and death. Through the use of Epic’s software, harmful medication errors are avoided every day in hospitals across the United States – and that’s just one small way your code will help others save lives.
As a developer at Epic, there’s a good chance your innovations will affect the life of someone close to you – in fact, you’ll directly impact the way 1 in 3 Americans receives healthcare. You’ll push the boundaries in creating software to reduce medical errors, improve screening for diseases, and lower the cost of medical care while improving its quality.
You will write code and more – your input will guide all elements of innovation. You’ll meet with experts and end-users and determine novel approaches to each facet of development, from database to user interface. Join a small team of the best and brightest from across the world; Epic’s employees currently represent more than 60 nations. With talented co-workers whose passion and willingness to go above and beyond is unparalleled, and a workspace conducive to serious development, you will thrive in a collaborative and casual environment. The challenges you’ll be exposed to are numerous.
Epic is located in Madison, Wisconsin - a diverse city regularly ranked as one of the best places to live in the country. No matter what you do for fun – board games or cricket, martial arts or volunteering – you’ll find others at Epic who share your interests.
And other good stuff.
Epic offers highly competitive wages and all the benefits you’d expect from a leading software company (401k, great insurance, and stock appreciation rights). But, we also have benefits that definitely fall outside the realm of the anticipated. Have you always wanted to go to New Zealand, but never gotten the chance? Epic’s five year sabbatical program not only provides you with an additional four weeks of paid vacation, but it will also cover airfare and lodging costs for you and a guest in any country you’ve never seen before. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to give back to the community through Epic’s charitable efforts. Oh, and did we mention the tree house?
By applying for Software Development, you’ll be considered for all development opportunities across Epic’s numerous teams. You will use various technologies to build multi-tier enterprise software for healthcare organizations, including C#.NET, HTML, ASP.NET, VB6, Cache, iPhone, iPad, Business Objects, and Pocket PCs. We will educate you on the technologies you’ll use through on-the-job training.
Visa sponsorship is available. Epic is an equal opportunity employer.
- BS/BA, MS/MA, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Top-notch academics.
- Relocation to Madison, WI is required and reimbursed.
AGH Strategies, a company helping nonprofits track and grow relationships with their supporters, is hiring a junior PHP developer based in Washington, DC. This developer will help in implementing, customizing, and building new features for CiviCRM and compatible CMSes to serve our clients' needs. The developer with collaborate with co-workers and clients to design and carry out the development work. Additionally, the developer will work with others in the community to contribute back to CiviCRM.
The developer will regularly find creative solutions to new problems, advancing nonprofits' work by:
-building custom extensions and workflows
-integrating outside systems
-diagnosing and patching bugs
-closing gaps in CiviCRM's features
-improving clients' user experiences
This is an opportunity to have a key role in advancing open-source constituent relationship management (CRM) and the missions of multiple organizations. In the process of serving our clients, AGH Strategies has become a leading company in advancing CiviCRM's code and community. The developer will be a key part of continuing this involvement.
For more info please visit here: http://aghstrategies.com/content/developer-job
Please see the link below regarding a position with the Federal Trade Commission.
Join the world-wide leader in server solutions – HP’s Industry Standard Server and Software team. Driven by cloud computing, customer demand for storage solutions and storage capacity is increasing at record rates. You will join a tightly collaborative team, working on innovative projects, interfacing software/firmware/hardware to build leading-edge storage solutions, ensuring us to continue to lead the marketplace with state of the art hard drive and solid state drive designs. This position is perfect for recent college graduates with extremely huge career growth potential.
-Research, test, and qualify SAS and SATA disk drives, and solid state devices.
-Lead or support in the analysis and root cause of storage solution failures and issues where the device is believed to have failed.
-Evaluate new products/technologies and recommend modifications or enhancements to eliminate design issues or improve the product performance.
-Generate specifications and detailed test procedure documents.
-Contribute in assessing risks of new hard drive technologies and interfaces.
-Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
-Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
-Exercises independent judgment within defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
-Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
-May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
-Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
-May represent the organization to external customers/clients.
Education and Experience:
-Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Knowledge and Skills
-C/C++ programming experience is preferred
-Working knowledge of software applications like MS word, MS excel, MS power point
-Ability to analyze, evaluate, test, and debug storage devices to root cause
-Self-motivated and able to multi-task between projects
-Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all team members and suppliers
-Disciplined in documenting and creation of procedures
-Effective troubleshooting skills
-Must possess a very solid understanding of testing methodologies
-Must have very excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Must be able to work well with other people in a team environment
-Leadership qualities (e.g., integrity, attention to detail, sense of urgency, goal oriented,
-Self-motivated, excellent documenting and communication disciplines
-Must have a legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
-Houston TX 77070 USA
E-mail resume to: Lijun.firstname.lastname@example.org
For immediate release. Interested in working on a high production value multi-player on-line games and or mobile applications? Come work with us at Collective Falulzcy, LLC, a new software development company opened and led by David Chao and Chris Pack. We are based out of the D.C. area and are currently pursuing up to seven potential team members for the two positions below:
(1) Network-Videogame Programmer.
(2) Network-Videogame Database Developer.
Desired qualifications: Strong relational database or programming knowledge, depending on the position applied for.
(2) For databasers. Experience with SQL, MySQL, msSQL, and a deep understanding of relational database concepts are desired.
Location: Virginia side of the greater DC metro area. Occasional travel to the Maryland side. Our interests are centered in Rosslyn, VA and Hyattsville, MD.
Open date: November 10th, 2012.
Closing date: November 23rd, 2012.
Term of employment: 7 months for the current cycle. Successful, enthusiastic team members may be requested to come back for future service with the team.
Position description: Software Development Engineer
Information on Palantir:
Introductory Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6OebM0dQ8g
Operation Tradestop is a demo on our Palantir product: if you have some time to mess around with it a little, it will give you an idea of how our product works.
Some use cases/Palantir work in action: https://www.palantir.com/category/blogs/news-events-blog/
IT.com (it.com) is in the business of practically applying information retrieval and machine learning technologies to mine social communication like email, Twitter, and Facebook. We are a profitable, well-funded startup company looking to make several critical software engineering hires.
IT-Discovery is a web-based, enterprise search and data mining product, utilizing the most cutting edge front-end technologies to deliver a dynamic, interactive, rich client experience for our users. The user interface is the most critical element in making our machine learning technology useful, accessible, and powerful. Our UI engineers play an essential role in making our product successful. Uniquely, the usability of the product is a function of how well the UI makes the powerful machine learning techniques transparent.
Lead the user interface design and implementation of the application
Seek feedback from peers and customers to design the user experience for the application
Layout design of the user interface using wire frames and comps
Collaborate with developers to implement API's for client-server interactions
Browser-based performance tuning of front-end code
Help establish processes and procedure for user interface and usability design and ensure adherence to the process.
Help improve the quality of the application by testing and providing feedback to development team.
Skills & Requirements
Over 5 years of experience in user interface design and development of web based applications
Expert in UI engineering best practices, including code maintainability, performance, and security
Expert in using and customizing/extending industry standard libraries like prototype,
scriptaculous, JQuery, etc.
Experienced in Photoshop or other graphical software for image design and manipulation
Experienced with usability testing
Exposed to browser-based performance tuning
Exposed in various document formats like XML/XSL, SGML, HTML, pdf, office etc.
Exposed to programming languages like Java and C# and build scripts using Gradle, Maven, etc.
Exposed to manipulating data in a relational database like Mysql and Postgres
IT.com builds products that unite cutting-edge machine learning technology with killer user interfaces. We are a small company, but we serve some of the largest corporations in the world. We offer the opportunity to work on the most interesting and challenging problems, within the context of a successful, growing business.
We offer competitive salary, stock and full health benefits. We're based out of Washington DC, with metro access from Farragut North.
IT.com (it.com) is in the business of practically applying information retrieval and machine learning technologies to mine social communication like email, Twitter, and Facebook in order to produce actionable intelligence. We are a profitable, well-funded startup company looking to make many critical
software engineering hires. We use Java extensively throughout our application, using technologies such as Spring, Solr/Lucene, Hadoop, as well as homegrown proprietary machine learning algorithms.
We are in need of people that can contribute and lead one or more of the following components in our system:
Tomcat/Spring MVC/MySQL web tier
Solr/Lucene search backend
Hadoop batch processing pipeline
Groovy/Grails UI for batch processing pipeline
Proprietary machine learning algorithms for text mining
Here are qualities we're seeking in a candidate:
You love technology: You're a life-long learner, not necessarily because you need to earn a paycheck, but simply because you think technology is cool. You're a tinkerer. You spend spare moments of your time thinking about how to build the better mouse trap. You get excited at the thought of using the latest technology to solve really big problems.
You get stuff done: You focus on practical, concrete solutions to business-driven engineering problems. You have a proven track record of quality and timely execution. You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment: You're a generalist who's not afraid to try lots of different things. You like it when you are trusted to solve problems without the need to be micromanaged. You find satisfaction in being playing a critical role in the success of a business.
Skills & Requirements
3+ years of serious software engineering experience
A strong command of the Java language and object oriented design
Experience with using any web application development stack (Java EE, LAMP, Ruby on Rails)
Spring, Groovy, Grails
Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL
Ruby, Python, or Lisp experience a plus
Lucene, Hadoop, Nutch, or Amazon EC2 experience a big plus
Experience with big data is a huge plus
BS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus
IT.com builds products that unite cutting-edge machine learning technology with killer user interfaces. We produce usable intelligence in a friendly way. We are a small company, but we serve some of the largest corporations in the world. We offer the opportunity to work on the most interesting and
challenging problems, with the best resources ( the authors of major open source projects) , within the context of a successful, growing business.
We offer competitive salary, stock and full health benefits. We're based out of Washington DC, with metro access from Farragut North.
1. Collaborate, design and author User Guides and Training Manuals.
2. Collaborate productively with all subject matter experts within a team environment to develop appropriate content. Subject matter experts may include, but are not limited to, developers, project managers, training instructors, project leads, and testers.
3. Follow the standard design, layout, and format of the documentation using approved software tools.
4. Test user documentation against the product in conjunction with the subject matter expert to ensure the documentation's technical accuracy rectifying any discrepancies.
5. Manage each defined project responsibly and on schedule including planning time for necessary reviews of documentation. Anticipate projects in development stage and communicate with the Knowledge Support Team Manager to allow for adequate planning.
6. Provides system diagrams of the existing systems and proposed system enhancements.
7. Explain the different software modules within a system and document their use.
8. Provide technical and functional requirements of new software modules.
1. Must have 2+ years of technical writing experience in software development field.
2. BS in Computer Science, or IT or equivalent combination of training and experience.
3. At least 1 year of experience working on software development projects in a technical role (developer, technical writer, tester, business analyst)
4. Past experience in writing functional requirements. Other experience with documentation tasks such as: system documentation, use cases and UML.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Proven problem-solving and demonstrated teamwork skills.
7. Strong interest in software and technical writing technologies.
8. Experience working with databases.
AIR is one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Founded in 1946 as a not-for-profit organization, we conduct our work with strict independence, objectivity, and non-partisanship.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. Join our team of more than seventy software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
Interested candidates may apply directly via the following link:
Please list Summer Bennett as the contact, as she is the assigned recruiter. Her email address is email@example.com
This Specialist position is in the Data Services Provisioning Center in the Ashburn, VA based SES/MPLS Provisioning Center. This team is responsible for configuration, testing, and trouble shooting of all Layer 2 customer facing circuits being added to the Verizon SES network. The selected candidate will be responsible for configuration, test, turn-up and troubleshooting of customer facing switched circuits.
Activities will include the following:
- Verify documentation and configuration for new & existing Layer 2 orders (EVCs)
- Verify support system configuration for new EVC circuits
- Verify configuration for new & Existing EVC circuits
- Verify connectivity and routing for new & existing EVC orders across MPLS backbone
- Resolve issues discovered during verification processes
- Perform comparative analysis of configurations on all new EVC fallout using established templates to ensure adherence to standard
- Perform necessary corrections to EVC configurations as necessary
- Ensure full connectivity to infrastructure and/or customer devices (NIDs, Switches, CPE).
- Work with various other departments to ensure all system additions are completed within given timeframe.
- Take customer calls to ensure EVC configured & tested to ordered service
- Take customer calls to resolve out of service conditions or degrading service
- Monitor EVC SLAs as outlined in both internal and external metrics/communications
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Operations supporting Switched Ethernet & IP services
- Cisco Certification (i.e. CCNA, CCNP) or equivalent job experience
- Experience with Switch configuration & Provisioning (Cisco 6509/7609, ALU 7450)
- MPLS experience
-Call center experience
- Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Strong oral and written skills
- Project management experience
- OSS experience to include any of the following - BAAIS, Tirks, Accord, Access Guardian, SAM
ABOUT THE FIRMS
FIVS is an international association with a global membership comprised of trade associations and companies in the alcohol beverage industry. FIVS is based in Paris, France and interfaces with national governments and international organizations. FIVS-ABRIDGE, LLC is a small firm located in Bethesda, Maryland that manages an online database of international regulations and agreements for the global wine industry. This subscription database allows users to easily locate regulations and agreements from around the world.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are searching for a web programmer who will develop and manage the websites of both FIVS and FIVS-ABRIDGE, with a primary focus on FIVS-ABRIDGE. The developer will be responsible for managing our innovative, web-based databases and will work directly with our project managers to develop new functions for the sites that create a valuable user experience and contribute to the overall development of the sites. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
●Determine appropriate architecture and technical solutions by providing relevant
●Communicate to the Project Managers with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or
●Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high value-of-service.
●Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to
integrate them into current operations and activities.
●Devote a specific time commitment each month to designated projects.
●BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience.
●3 years minimum web programming experience, including HTML/XHTML and CSS.
●Experience developing and implementing open source software projects.
●Experience in web-design is desired.
●Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
●Proximity to the Washington, DC metro area is desired, but not mandatory. Applicants
must be based within the United States.
Software Development at Epic
Build software with a purpose.
As a developer at Epic, your work will directly impact the way 40% of Americans receive healthcare - in fact, it's likely you will affect the life of someone close to you. Working at the junction of two growing fields, medicine and computer science, you'll help create the best software for your users' needs - from the massively scalable database to the user interface for visualizing complex information. You'll meet with doctors, nurses, and other frontline professionals to understand their workflows and turn their needs into innovative software. Your work will help reduce medical errors, improve the management of chronic diseases, and find new ways to facilitate collaboration between patients and their care teams.
Epic's campus provides offices conducive to working with small, focused teams in a collaborative and one-of-a-kind environment. You will build multi-tier enterprise software for large healthcare organizations using a variety of technologies, as well as a variety of devices, from tablets to large wall-mounted screens. You'll work with forward thinking colleagues from around the world. One visit to Epic and you'll know we take our software seriously - ourselves, not so much. (Did we mention the tree house?)
More than just important work.
Epic is located in Madison, Wisconsin, a city regularly ranked as one of America's best places to live. You'll earn competitive wages and receive benefits befitting a leading software company (401k match, great health insurance, life insurance, performance bonuses and stock appreciation rights). Epic's environment is one of continuous learning; you'll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others.
BS/BA or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
A history of academic and professional success
Visa sponsorship is available. No corp-to-corp.
Relocation to Madison, WI (reimbursed)