Research at GW
For an overview of GW's areas of academic and research excellence, please consult the following sites:
- The Office of the Vice President for Research
- GW's Centers and Institutes
- The GW Medical Center's active sponsored research projects and affiliated research centers and institutions.
GW Research Support
- The Office of the Vice President for Research, through its staff of research service coordinators, assists investigators in finalizing and submitting proposals and in monitoring their spending.
- The George Washington University maintains various offices to help manage approval of proposals that involve human subjects, animals, laboratory safety, and other issues.
- The Grants and Contracts Accounting Services works closely with the Office of the Vice President for Research and handles fiscal policies, billing of sponsors, and submission of financial reports to sponsors.
- The Office of Technology Transfer handles disclosures from investigators who make research discoveries so that opportunities for commercialization can be pursued.
GW's Main Research Libraries
- Gelman Library
- Burns Law Library
- Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
- Washington Research Library Consortium
Other Research-related Sites of Interest
How to evaluate, write, and present a paper
- A guide for new referees in theoretical computer science, Ian Parberry
- The Elements of Style, Strunk and White
- Advice on research and writing, (pointers maintained by Mark Leone)
- How to give a bad talk
- How to give a good talk